The Asian American Pacific Islander Commission, formerly named the Asian American Commission, acknowledges the vital contributions of and addresses the challenges that Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the Commonwealth faces. This also pertains to the inclusivity of youth voice and involvement in their respective communities. We hope to elevate the diverse AAPI youth voices across the Massachusetts.
We are seeking AAPI high school youth who are:
- Motivated to address the issues of anti-Asian violence to brief Commissioners on viable solutions to provide a safe environment and equitable education
- AAPI youth who are interested in getting involved in their communities and are eager for civic engagement and leadership opportunities
The 2021-2022 Youth Council will run from November 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022, and members will receive a stipend for their participation. Youth Council members will be paid a stipend of $1260 for working 12 hours per month, $15 per hour, serving the whole duration of the program. Eight (8) students will be selected to be a part of the Youth Council.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Currently a high school student (grades 11-12 and able to obtain a work permit).
- Leadership abilities
- Oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated to promoting civic participation of AAPIs
Application link: https://forms.gle/XkGvJPEtNEVgN8Bh8
Applications will close on 10/24/21 at 11:59 PM EST
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.